Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Halek, The guardian of shade

Here I sit. For over 35 millenia, imprisoned. Exiled from Ibiru for challenging Kronos. I tap my bare feet on the marble ground and gaze out the obsidian doorway. Each day I wait and I watch as the sun rises and sets on the martian horizon. Each day I struggle to escape a simmering anger that only gets worse as I am forced to reflect on the past. Sometimes I have to leave the temple and build empty cities with the martian dust just to keep myself occupied.

Somehow Chyorai managed to get into Cydonia and integrate with the martians. I cannot do that. The last time I tried, the martians nearly killed me.

Each day I tap my fingers on my obsidian throne awaiting my pitiful meal sent to me in sacrifice. Chyorai tells me I'll be released off of Mars if I help him. I don't have much choice but to do what he says. How that arrogant fool is still alive beats me. Somehow he thinks he's going to enter Black Space and defeat Montari. I think he's a damn fool for trying, yet at the same time... I feel he knows something I don't. You can't even look directly at Montari without your soul disintegrating.

But what option do I have to work with an imbecile with infinite resources? He might only be 7 feet tall, and I 30, but he is a force to be reckoned with. There is something odd about him, something unattural, something... lacking about him. He is both unnerving and unsettling to me. I just hope Chyorai keeps his damned promise. If I can help retake earth, maybe Kronos will pardon my sins. Until then, I will probably go on another monthly trek to Elysium to kill some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment